We all love a million kinds of salads, but let’s be honest, tuna salad is the top of all. Whether you want to create your slimmer version of yourself or you are just making attention to healthy nutrition, fitness tuna salad is always going to be a great idea.
Tuna salad always starts with a big bowl. Do not be afraid of it, this is the perfect dinner you can fill your stomach without any compunction with.
-2 cans of tuna packed in oil
-1 package of pre-packed mixed salad (you are also free to use any kind of salad you want)
-1 piece of tomato
-1 piece of red onion
-1 cup olives
-1 cup chickpeas
-1/2 of a Cucumber
-2 tbsp Parmesan
-salt and pepper
-freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
-1 tsp Dijon mustard
- First, you need to break up the tuna with a fork. Toss with the mixed salad.
- Cut your tomato, red onion, olives, cucumber into small pieces and add them to the tuna-salad mix.
- Here go the chickpeas and then mix all the things together in your bowl.
- When you are done, you can make your topping and seasoning. For the topping you just squeeze the lemon, to taste, if using.
Chef’s note: “I like to mix the lemon juice and a little bit of the fish oil left in the can, it makes our salad smoother and adds great moisture to dissolve the spices. You can use avocado if you want, instead of more tomato”
- Add the Dijon mustard and mix. Be careful, do not mix them overmuch because you smash the leaves of the lettuce. Your goal is a homogeneous taste but not a paste.
- Sprinkle the top with a little Parmesan. The aroma of the cheese makes the flavors even better.
I recommend this dish for dinner because of we all like eating tasty food but also maintain a slim figure. Tuna provides low fat and rich in proteins and nutrients. This tuna salad does not require great expertise, anyone can make it and you can prepare very quickly, which is pretty useful after an exhausting day.
Please feel free to Tag me on Instagram if you recreate my Fitness Tuna Salad recipe.