Paleo “fake” cheese from Zucchini – /Milk-free, Egg-free Cheese Recipe in Vegan option as well.
Yeah, it is right! This “cheese” is made from zucchini. And otherwise, it tastes surprisingly similar to real cheese. Of course, it is not a problem to have a little “flavoring” like e.g. chili, cumin seeds, even wild onions, or various spices (basil, oregano, etc.). It can be nicely sliced, and it is ideal for a sandwich or toast topping. What makes it important is that it is milk-free, egg- free, it does not contain any diary. Moreover, you can create a vegan version of it. (If you would like to create vegan cheese, replace the gelatin with agar-agar or pectin.)
In particular, “fake cheese” can play a major role in feeding food-sensitive children. They can also have a special mental trauma of not being able to eat what their peers do. With this recipe, however, I also offer a solution to this problem.
We have all geared about the mysteries of homemade cheese making, but let’s see what those who are unfortunately allergic to dairy products or just can not digest them properly can do so.
For food-sensitive persons, here is a wonderful Paleo Cheese Recipe made from Zucchini!
It is known to many as Fake Cheese, and it is certainly fake because it does not contain any allergens, only ingredients of plant origin.
I chose the zucchini because in color maybe he is closest to the cheese, of course not on the outside, but on the inside. And the taste is neutral enough to spice it up to your taste.
- 1 medium Zucchini
- Lime/ lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Gelatin
(Chef’s Note: For vegan version you can use agar-agar or pectin.)
- Salt and Pepper
- Ground cumin, chili flakes, and garlic optional.
- Grab 1 medium Zucchini, wash and peel them well. Put them in salted, boiling water.
(Chef’s Note: You can freely use Oat milk or some kind of Vegetable milk if you would love to, for making it more creamy.)
- Once cooked well, transfer them to a shredder or blender, along with a little of the cooking water.
(Chef’s Note: Do not drip it down, it does not matter if a little cooking water gets into the machine.)
- If it is already homogeneous, add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice, salt and white/ black pepper, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of gelatin to it.
(Chef’s Note: Vegans can exchange the gelatin with agar-agar.)
- Then mix them well, pour into a bowl or mold and let it cool. A couple of hours in the fridge and you can already wonderfully slice it.
- I am not saying it is going to be the most delicious and special cheese experience of your life, but necessity breaks the law. For those who cannot live their life with dairy products, it can be a huge thing.
I hope you enjoy my Diary-free Zucchini Cheese Recipe and you will recreate it. Don not keep this delicious recipe just for yourself! Do not hesitate to share it with your friends as well!
For more Vegan Fitness Recipes you can check my other creations or Click here!