Poke bowls have been very popular a while and I can understand why: it is the close brother of sushi and you can go so many ways with it. Today I make a poke bowl with tofu, avocado, corns, mango, cucumber, carrot, onions and salad. 
Forget the acai bowl, now it’s the poke bowl that applies if you want to be trendy – and eat well!
Poke has its origins in Hawaiian home cooking, the word means to “ to split” or “cut into pieces”. The dishes look different, but the base with rice, marinated fish (of course there are vegan options) and vegetables is often the same. 
The following poke bowl recipe is super easy to make and are a nice change from your regular nutrition adventures. I can guarantee it is very tasty!
We Never Get Enough of Poke Bowls!
It is light and fresh, but if you do it right, a poke bowl is also full of savory umami, so you are well-filled. This poke bowl recipe with tofu, avocado, and corn has become a classic.
- 250 g of sushi rice
- 120 ml of Saitaku rice vinegar
- 300 g of tofu
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- lime juice
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 3 spring onions
- 2 ready-to-eat avocados
- 100g corns
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
This is How You can Create This Poke Bowl:
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in a strainer or colander under the tap. Once the water that comes out of the rice is completely transparent and therefore clean, you can start boiling the rice. Put in a pan with the 400 milliliters of water and bring to the boil. Then lower the heat and cook the rice for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand for 10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
(Chef’s Note: Keep in mind that the rice still needs to cool down after cooking. This can easily take an hour.)
- Meanwhile, heat the rice vinegar with the salt and pepper in another pan. This is the dressing for the rice.
- Pour the dressing over the rice and stir a few times. Allow cooling (if necessary in a large bowl, that goes a little faster) to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce with Sriracha, sesame oil and lime juice. Cut the tofu into small cubes of 1 x 1 centimeter and marinate in the soy sauce mixture.
- Heat the rice vinegar in a small pan and cut the radishes into thin slices. Marinate for five to ten minutes in the vinegar.
- Slice the avocado, mango, carrot, cucumber, lettuce and the onions.
- Spoon the slightly cooled rice (rather a little warm, then cold) into bowls.
- Divide the tofu, avocado, corns, mango slices, carrot and cucumber slices with the lettuce on this.
- Top the poke bowl with sesame seeds and possibly chili flakes and serve immediately. 
Have you tried my ‘Easy Tofu Poke Bowl’ Recipe Yet? Let me know in the comments how was it and inspire others. Support this article by sharing if you think people in your environment should stop using nonsense diets and instead pursue a healthy lifestyle.