Chia Pudding is a Perfect Breakfast and Dessert! Here are some useful healthy benefits about this delicious and simple meal. + The Best Chia Pudding Recipe You Must Try
These days, people are devoting less and less time to meals. Most people if they are hungry just make a quick and easy meal, but I will show you how can you make it nutritious and healthy at the same time. Here comes the Chia Pudding itself. Although, you must be conscious and prepared for this meal it is worth every minute of it. (My Trick: I usually prep it at night, before going to bed because it has to rest in the refrigerator for a few hours.)
Due to the neutral taste of chia seeds, it fits perfectly with all classic and healthy fruits, those who want to snack can also add chocolate. It is important to note that it does not lose its nutrient content in this form either. Add a portion of milk to the chia seeds (it is even better to add coconut milk, almond milk, this way the two healthy products will be present in your breakfast at the same time).
Thanks to the filling effect of the chia seeds, just one chia pudding provides a low-calorie intake, and a sufficient feeling of satiety until lunch, so we don’t be seduced at taking something to snack on. Preserving or taking your chia pudding with you to work or anywhere, is not a problem either, you can freely take a portion with you in a container. You can store chia pudding for a relatively long time. It is also ideal for ten o’clock, snacks, especially if you vary the ingredients and the toppings.
Six teaspoons of chia seeds contain 179 mg of Calcium, 11 grams of Fiber, from the 138 kcal, and it contains about 4.5 grams of Protein. Besides, large amounts of phosphorus, potassium, zinc, and manganese are found in the seeds. By consuming two teaspoons of soaked chia seeds, you can cover your daily omega-3 fatty acid needs, which is 1.6 grams.
Soaking the Chia Seeds:
You can eat chia seeds on their own, but can also be used for cooking when soaked. Unlike flax seeds, chia seeds can be digested on their own, so we can eat them whole. However, when soaked in water, they become extremely soft, making them easier to work with.
The correct way to soak the chia:
You should soak the chia seeds in nine parts water for half an hour. The seeds absorb themselves with water so they can be easily consumed. According to a study by the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 25% of oil or eggs in a cake recipe can be replaced with soaked chia. However, this does not affect the taste or texture, but it does greatly increase the omega-3 fatty acid content of the cake. In the experiment, substitutions of 50 and 75% were still tried, but the results here no longer seemed attractive.
Chia Seeds are magical because:
- It contains 2x as much Protein as any other Grain
- It contains 5x more Calcium than Milk
- It contains 2x more Potassium than Bananas
- It has 3x more Antioxidant power than Blueberries
- It contains 3x more Iron than Spinach
Chia is a complete source of protein. It contains almost all the essential amino acids in an easily digestible form. It is an excellent nutritional supplement for athletes and bodybuilders to partially trigger animal protein intake. It is rich in digestive fibers. The seeds absorb water and form a fine gel. Chia has an extraordinary antioxidant effect.
Loosing Weight with Chia Pudding:
Chia pudding is an effective and quick help in losing excess weight because adding it to your meals increases their amount but not their calories. Therefore, if we fortify our diet with chia seeds, we will increase the volume of the food and create a feeling of fullness, and we can get nutrient-rich food with it.
Other Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- It increases endurance, regulates blood sugar levels, speeds up metabolism, thus helping to reduce weight.
- Diabetes: Chia gel slows down the conversion of carbohydrates to sugar. From the food consumed, energy is released continuously and evenly during digestion, making it a very valuable dietary supplement for diabetics.
- Gluten free: Chia seed protein does not contain gluten, so gluten-sensitive people can also consume it.
- Against Dehydration: Consuming chia prevents dehydration, especially during strenuous activities. It provides energy and its nutrients are easily incorporated into the body.
- Clean your guts: It helps remove waste products that have accumulated in the intestinal tract.
- Thyroid Problems: Chia can be used effectively for thyroid problems, diabetes, hypoglycemia, heartburn, reflux disease, and lower cholesterol.
- Antiseptic Effect: Chia seed has an antiseptic effect and is also suitable for relieving fever. The seed is used as a compress for infections. The seeds can also be used to clean the eyes. When placed in the eyes, it stimulates tear production, while also reducing infection and inflammation.
Watch out! Chia Seeds Can Be Dangerous!
Too many chia seeds can be harmful! However, in addition to the positive properties of chia seeds, “chia seeds” can also have detrimental health effects. Due to its high fiber content, excessive consumption can also cause digestive problems, so you should not consume more than 15 grams of “chia seeds” per day! You have to think about a possible allergenic effect of chia seeds, as in some cases a cross-allergic reaction occurs in those who are sensitive to sesame seeds and mustard.
It is very important to buy a chia seed product only within a controlled framework because due to its relative unknowns, other seeds are easily sold as chia seeds.
Now that you have learned all about chia seed, its benefits and limitations alike. It is time for my super Chia Pudding Recipe! Below:
The Best Chia Pudding Recipe: / 3-Ingredient Chia Pudding /
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup or other sweetener
- Topping optional: Granola, strawberries, banana, blueberries or any other fruit.
(Chef’s Note: Chia Pudding goes extremely well with cacao powder, açaí powder and any basically any kind of fruit jam.)
How to Make Chia Pudding:
- Pour ingredients into a jar and mix it well. Let settle for 2-3 minutes then mix again very well until it becomes homogeneous.
- Cover the jar and leave it in the fridge overnight or for at least 3-4 hours.
- Top with your favorite fruit combinations.
- When it is ready, the only thing you have to do is to enjoy!