Buddha bowl, macro bowl or protein bowl, whatever you call it, is healthy and very easy to prepare. It is not just a smooth salad, but a mix of colorful, delicious ingredients. Pulled jackfruit is your solution instead of meat!
If You Have Never Made a Buddha Bowl, You Must Try It!
The Buddha bowl is derived from the vegan diet, but other health-conscious dieters have already found this. Buddha bowl was originally invented to put all the important nutrients in one bowl: cereals, raw and fried, cooked vegetables, vegetable proteins and fats, and spices and seasonings.
It was named after the Buddha himself, who reportedly ate only healthy, clean, nutritious food – in the Buddha’s bowl and recipes. If you could try it, all you have to do is get a deep soup or muesli bowl and try this recipe below!
It is often a problem during the vegan diet to find the right ingredients to replace meat. Well, that’s when the jackfruit comes! The jackfruit itself is a very popular fruit in the tropics, especially in Indonesia. And in its texture and flavor, it is perfectly capable of replacing the meat in our Buddha bowl, even though the fruit itself is extremely delicious.
Eat Yourself Healthy!
I am not one who follows the diet trends day in and day out, and if it is fashionable to only chew on leaves, then it will queue up. I believe that eating what we love, of course, should be healthy, colorful and varied, so that we can naturally get all the important vitamins and nutrients.
Nonetheless, there are trends that I cannot go along with because I should be blind to not notice. Sometimes, I try what I like, transforming it to my routine. So here is the Buddha bowl. Now, this is happening, and there is no day to come across such a photo on social media. More and more restaurants are offering them.
“Pulled Jackfruit?! Did I read correctly?”
Friday night, when you are just getting home from work, let’s just say your not the biggest desire to cook a hearty dinner! In such cases, many people immediately order something. Not a bad idea, but I have a much healthier solution.
Quickly put together a super buddha bow to give you time to relax! It is very important to have a nice, eye-pleasing bowl. Get into something green: spinach leaves, cress, lettuce, a little nutritious grain such as quinoa, brown rice or couscous, some protein (meat, tofu, seeds, legumes) and healthy fats like avocado, olives. Because I love vegetables and seeds and something attractive to the Buddha dish look, I sometimes throw together. This Buddha dish is perfectly fit as the main course.
Give It a Try!
- 1 cup rice
- lime or lemon
- 1 pice of sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- red cabbage
- red beans
- 1/2 piece of an avocado
- salt and pepper
- 250g jackfruit
- 1 pice of lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- few pieces of nachos chips
- chili powder
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in a strainer or colander under the tap. Once the water that comes out of the rice is completely transparent and therefore clean, you can start boiling the rice. Put in a pan with the 400 milliliters of water and bring to the boil.
- Spice the rice with coriander and lime juice. and allow the rice to cool in 1 hour on a large flat dish.
- Put your corn into boiling water and cook it until you can smell the sweet corn flavor. Then cut it into two pieces. One piece is going to be grilled on coconut oil. Until it’s surface gets dark.
(Chef’s Note: Watch out! Do not burn your sweet corn!)
- Meanwhile, cut the red cabbage into thin filaments and mix them with the leftover of the sweet corn and red beans.
(Chef’s Note: You can also scrape the cabbage with a cheese slicer or peeler into long ribbons.)
Cut the avocado of half and mash the flesh finely. Savor with salt and pepper and lime juice. This is going to be your guacamole.
- Now you can grill the jackfruit covered until it is getting soft as much to pull them apart with a fork nicely.
- Drizzle the pulled jackfruit with salt and pepper, coriander, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.
- Spoon the slightly cooled rice (rather a little warm, then cold) into bowls.
- Divide cabbage salad, guacamole, nachos, corns, pulled jackfruit with the lettuce on this.
- Top the poke bowl with parsley and possibly chili flakes and jalapeño and serve immediately.
- If you want to you can mix apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder with mayonnaise. It is a perfect dipping for your nachos.
- Your pulled jackfruit buddha bowl is ready! Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you loved this Pulled Jackfruit Buddha Bowl Recipe, probably you are interested in my Poke Bowl Recipes either! Click here!
Next to the next Buddha dish, I will cook salmon spread with chili sauce, which fits very well with the bulgur Buddha dish cooked in baby bean sprout, corn grated beet, cucumber tomato cream.
Have you tried my ‘Pulled Jackfruit Buddha Bowl’ Recipe Yet? Let me know in the comments how was it and inspire others. Support this article by sharing if you think people in your environment should stop using nonsense diets instead pursuing a healthy lifestyle.